25 Free Santa Barbra Activities
Find out more about author Ian Filippini on Google+
Ian Filippini Westlake Village California has heard it is said that Santa Barbara, California is a city of great fortune, and it is certainly noticeable residents enjoy a higher quality of life than people in neighboring cities. But if you think that enjoying all that the city has to offer will come at a price tag to match this lavish lifestyle, think again. The city is filled with many free activities individuals of all ages can enjoy. That’s right. You can get out and about and enjoy great attractions and activities without going into the wallet! Ian Filippini Santa Barbara is a wealth management consultant and president of Filippini Wealth Management Group Inc. As an individual with a desire to help all residents of the city maintain as much money as possible, Mr. Filippini certainly recommends and appreciates each of these free activities. Let’s take a look.
Free Fun Ian Filippini Santa Barbara
Here are 25 free things that you can do in the city, courtesy of Ian Filippini Westlake Village California and the Filippini Wealth Management Group Inc.
- Visit the Farmer’s Market and sample a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables from around the state and around the world.
- If it is summer time it is time for movies in the park. Head down to Isla Vista to enjoy a free show for the family.
- Visit the Douglas Family Preserve and walk the grounds. You are bound to be intrigued by what you discover.
- Every Sunday, admission into the Museum of Art is free. You can enjoy all that the museum has to offer on a rainy day or any other!
- Plan a romantic picnic with your loved one and view the spectacular waters and landscaping at Nojoqui Falls .
- Make your way to Stearns Wharf. There are many great stores, restaurants and entertainment spots available to occupy your time, and great views of the ocean.
- Go to the beach! With miles and miles of beautiful sandy beaches, enjoying any of your favorite sun time activities is easy to do in Santa Barbara. The weather is near-perfect, making any day a great day to do the beach.
- State Street is the heart of downtown, and with your visit you can see what the city really has to offer, all at no cost.
- The Santa Barbara Courthouse is a top attraction in the area, and one that can be enjoyed at no cost. The landscape and architectural style is the highlight of this attraction.
- On Sunday and Thursday, the Railroad Museum offers free movies that are very interesting for all ages, not to mention fun and educational.
- Head toward East Beach and take photographs of the Rainbow Arch. It is an amazing site to see!
- Visit Fairview Gardens Farm and take your pick of the delicious homegrown organic foods available, and learn more about the process of gardening while there.
- Visit the University of California Santa Barbara. There’s an art museum inside, not to mention many other fun and free activities open to the public.
- If you’re up for a short drive, a visit to the Chanel Islands National Park is the perfect way to spend the day.
- If you like wine, a day trip to Solvang is in order. Many vineyards and wineries are available for samplings, and there is also a magnificent view to be enjoyed to and from the area.
- Take a trip to the Santa Barbara Mission. Another top attraction, this is one of the few missions in the state, and one still in use for services today.
- There’s lots to do at the Harbor, so make sure that you schedule it to the list of to-do activities.
- If you’re into skateboarding, there is a free park for you to enjoy called Skater’s Point. It’s lots of fun, and there’s ramps and other skating areas available.
- Head to Goleta and make your way to Stow House.
- See the ostriches at OstrichLand USA located near Solvang.
- Cabrillo Arts Pavilion offers a number of free activities. Check them out and discover artists from around the city at their best.
- Visit Lompoc to view the murals.
- Kidsworld, located in nearby Alameda, if a great place for free fun for the kids. Don’t miss it.
- Go hiking on one of the fabulous trails up the Santa Ynez Mountains.
- Camp at the mountains! El Capitan hosts one of the finest campgrounds and cabins in the area.
Make sure that you also stop by to thank Ian Filippini Santa Barbara for this list of fun and free activities, and get a little bit of financial advice from his team at the Filippini Wealth Management Group Inc. while you are there. Ian Filippini Westlake Village California knows you won’t be disappointed with what these professionals can do for your needs.